A child's hearing may change over time, often without the child, parent or teacher noticing, so it is important to monitor a child's hearing even if they have passed previous hearing tests.
Hearing difficulties may have a significant effect on a child's ability to learn. Children with a hearing loss may experience speech and language delays, educational difficulties, behavioural problems and often require increased support.
HEAR AND SAY SCHOOL HEARING SCREENING PROGRAM
| Our Process
The screening takes approximately 7 minutes per child and is performed by our team of audiometrists and screeners experienced in working with children.
The screen includes:
- Screening hearing test for both ears under headphones
- Testing of the function of the middle ear for both ears
- Recommendation/s based on the results
- Hear and Say has a staff of trained professionals in paediatric Audiology providing our School Hearing Screening Service.
- Parents and schools (with consent from the parents) will receive a summary of results.
- We can work with the school and families to provide Audiology, Speech and Language and Occupational Therapy as well as a dedicated educational support program and access to classroom sound solutions.
Ensure students are getting the most from their education - email us now or phone 07 3850 2111 for more information
Bookings are open for 2017 - so contact us today.
"The success of this program highlights to me, the need for students to have access to a screening process within the school environment. Improved hearing will lead to improved student outcomes, and improved student outcomes is our core business."
Principal, of a Queensland State School