Hear and Say and the NDIS
Hear and Say have been helping families navigate the NDIS since the roll out began in Queensland. We are hearing and speaking experts ready to support your family to set goals and work towards the best outcomes for your child.
If you’re unsure about whether the NDIS is available in your region, or whether your child is eligible, we very much encourage you to Contact Us.
It’s easy to get started and we’re here to support you every step of the way, simply call (07) 3850 2111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new way of empowering people with disabilities to make their own decisions in exercising control over access to services that will help to improve their quality of life.
How can Hear and Say help?
Hear and Say can assist you as hearing, speaking and development experts for your child. We provide a whole-of-family approach to not only support your child through our specialist services, but also to provide ongoing support and parent education.
Hear and Say can help you by:
- Consulting with you to discuss your child’s needs
- Helping you to plan your child’s short term and long term goals that you’ll outline in a “Getting Ready Plan” for the NDIS
- Helping you to understand the technical and clinical side of your child’s needs
- Assisting you to be the best advocate for your child’s needs.
Once an NDIS funding package has been submitted, we will help to guide you into our programs and services, with ongoing evaluation and review of any successful funding package. In this way, we are committed to ensuring your child receives the support they need.
How do I get started?
- Contact Hear and Say to discuss your child’s needs.
- Go to My Access Checklist on the NDIS website and NDIS in Queensland to learn more about what you’ll need and also when the roll out will reach your area. Bring this along to your appointment with us or call Hear and Say to discuss.
- Contact NDIS to register your child and book your planner meeting.
Hear and Say also has a range of resources dedicated to explaining how the NDIS can work for you, and can give you detailed instructions about how to apply for the best support. Click here to read one of our Fact Sheets, or fill in the form below if you would like to learn more.
I’m interested in the NDIS and the services of Hear and Say
At 9.10pm on 24 October 2013 our beautiful daughter Maia was born.
The moment of elation was short-lived as we immediately noticed her left ear was missing. I frantically looked to the medical team around me for answers but received none.
Panic set in as we waited 4 days in hospital for an ENT to explain her condition, by which point we already had all the answers from Simone, who runs the Microtia and Atresia Program at Hear and Say.