Reasons to Celebrate in 2017
2017 marks Hear and Say’s 25th year and it is going to be a big one, kicking off with the unveiling of two spectacular art murals in January.
As we celebrated last month, with our history quite literally printed on the walls around us, we reflected on all that Hear and Say has achieved over the last 25 years.
Reflecting on the past and looking to the future at this special time, it is not hard to come up with a list reasons and ways to celebrate in 2017!
- The opening of our new Brisbane Centre in 2015, we have certainly come a long way since we first opened our doors in 1992
- Our two amazing new murals, we welcome you to pop in any time and check them out
- The 9,500 children with hearing loss that were helped last year by Hear and Say, this calls for a toast surely
- The ‘$25 for 12’ months anniversary fundraiser and all those fantastic people donating are most definitely making us want to dance
- World Hearing Day on Friday March 3, the theme being ‘Action for hearing loss: make a sound investment’. We think 25 years of communities investing in Hear and Say surely calls for the champagne to be popped
- The 10,000+ children who went through the School Hearing and Screening program since it was launched in March 2016. If you want to celebrate this achievement and make it even greater in 2017 talk to us about your local school
- International Cochlear Implant Day is on Saturday 25 February, an important day when next new technology changed the lives of so many
- ‘Peak2Park’ in Toowoomba on Sunday March 5. We are getting really excited about our upcoming regional walk/run
- Speaking of regional activities, our Telepractice program reached out to 37 rural kids and families last year, give us a call if you want to find out more
- The Noosa Daybreak Rotary Club are sharing our love of books by naming us beneficiary of the Bookfest on Friday May 5 to Sunday May 7
- The $20,000 raised at the inaugural Ladies Long Lunch in 2016, now those ladies know how to party and now we have a target to beat this year on Friday May 26
- Hear and Say’s actual birthday is on Thursday July 6 and in the Hear and Say tradition “let’s eat cake”
- Our Gala Ball Saturday August 19 will be one big giant evening of celebration
- Loud Shirt Day Friday October 6, lets redefine LOUD and have a fun..draising time
- And I haven’t even mentioned our Early Intervention Program which has started off with a ‘bang’ across all six of our centres. We simply love to have the corridors and rooms filled with happy smiling children and families.
If you want to find out more about any of these activities or programs and how you can celebrate with us this year give the team at Hear and Say a call on 07 3850 2111 or send us an email.
Events Funding Supporting Hear and Say