To optimise our unique approach to research, service delivery and transformative technology to ensure the best outcomes for people with hearing loss and beyond.
We are committed to:
- Empowering people, enriching relationships, and identifying expert technologies to optimise individual and community outcomes.
- The human face of technology as developed through early intervention, partnerships and innovation to make hearing and human technologies work responsibly
Our focus as we look to the future of Hear and Say is to work strategically for the benefit of our families and staff. This will be achieved by:
- Delivering individual, social and economic outcomes through targeted and opportunistic early intervention programs that reflect community need and organisational expertise
- Using innovative enablers to optimise development in individuals or communities
- Identifying, connecting and advocating with our ‘5P’ partners – Parents, Professionals, Politicians, Philanthropists and the Public – who enhance Hear and Say’s reach, impact and resilience
Hear and Say is proud to be delivering the highest standard of clinical care to people with hearing loss and their families.
At 9.10pm on 24 October 2013 our beautiful daughter Maia was born.
The moment of elation was short-lived as we immediately noticed her left ear was missing. I frantically looked to the medical team around me for answers but received none.
Panic set in as we waited 4 days in hospital for an ENT to explain her condition, by which point we already had all the answers from Simone, who runs the Microtia and Atresia Program at Hear and Say.