Join Our Team
Being part of the Hear and Say team is an opportunity to work alongside passionate individuals who together open worlds for children and adults impacted by hearing loss.
A career with Hear and Say offers rewarding experiences, opportunities to advance your career and the chance to make a difference and create better futures for people with hearing loss.
Whether you are working directly with children to teach them to hear, listen and speak, in our adult rehabilitation program, school screening team, training and education or in a vital office role, as a Hear and Say employee you will grow both personally and professionally. We have a supportive and friendly culture that is underpinned by our values.
Hear and Say ensures our employees are supported and remunerated through:
- Not-for-profit Salary Packaging Benefits
- 6 weeks paid maternity leave to primary carer and one week paid spousal leave (in addition to Federal Government Parental Leave Scheme)
- Flexible work options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
- Social program running regular activities and events
- Onsite staff parking at our Ashgrove, Toowoomba, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast sites
- Healthy workplace initiatives such as reimbursement for flu vaccinations, onsite yoga
Business Support Officer
Hear and Say is looking for Business Support Officer to join our team to perform a wide variety of administrative functions to contribute to the best possible experience for our families and keep Hear and Say operating smoothly. This includes supporting general fundraising activities to generate income from a range of funding streams. Experience with Genie software is preferred, but not essential.
Clinical Social Worker
We are currently seeking a Clinical Social Worker to join our Hear and Say Brisbane Centre. This is a diverse, part-time, role that supports the wellbeing of families and staff, both in person and via telepractice. This is a unique role that helps families through their journey with hearing loss.
Hear and Say is currently looking for a Research officer to join our team on a part time basis. This role will be responsible for leading internal and external research projects, providing marketing and funding prospects and there will be opportunity to take on additional leadership responsibilities. For further details please see the position description below. To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our recruitment process
Hear and Say recruits employees on the basis of merit. Below is a general guide to the stages involved in the recruitment process.
Before applying we encourage you to:
- Review the job advertisement and position description to determine if the role is right for you.
- Read our website to learn more about Hear and Say to ensure our values and culture are a good fit for you.
- Provide a one-page cover letter why you are interested and well suited to the role and your resume by the advertised closing date and time.
- Your application will be reviewed against the requirements of the role.
- Depending on the role and the size of the candidate pool, this stage may include a preliminary interview (via phone or Zoom) to assist with shortlisting.
- If shortlisted, you will be invited to attend a face to face interview.
- At the interview you will meet with two interviewers.
- If you are a preferred applicant, you will be asked to attend a second face to face interview.
- At the interview you will meet with a member of the Executive Management Team and one other interviewer.
- If you’re being considered for the role, we will seek your consent to contact your referees.
- Reference checks will be completed prior to offering you employment.
- If successful, you will be offered the role verbally, followed by a written offer of employment.