Help to give the gift of sound this Christmas.
Hear and Say is fundraising this Christmas with three coloured bells, which symbolise ‘the gift of sound’ that our community can give to deaf children.
We’ll be selling these bells for $5 each and spreading the word about our Christmas Appeal.
There are three ways you can get involved:
- Sign up to sell our bells! To register for a bell kit, please Contact Us or email email@example.com.
- Sign up to volunteer! Most of our volunteer locations are in Brisbane, but we encourage you to contact the fundraising team if you would like to volunteer in your community. We’ll be selling bells throughout November and December, and will also be gift wrapping at Brisbane Airport. Click here to sign up to a volunteer shift.
- Purchase your bells today! Read through our list of locations and key dates below, and choose a time to pop in to see us.
Thank you in advance for helping to give the gift of sound to deaf children this Christmas.
Christmas bell locations
Between now and December 24.
Weekdays (until December 22):
- Ashgrove Centre.
- Sunshine Coast Centre.
- Toowoomba Centre (until Wednesday 20 December).
- Gold Coast Centre.
- Townsville Centre.
Please Contact Us to double check we’ll be open! All Hear and Say Centres will be closed on Friday 8 December.
Seven days a week:
- QueensPlaza, Brisbane CBD. Please visit the Concierge Desk next to David Jones from now through to Friday 24 December. Click here to chat to QueensPlaza Concierge.
- Brisbane Airport. Make sure you stop by if you’re travelling through the Domestic Terminal in December, for gift wrapping and a last-minute bell purchase! You can find us on level 2 (in front of the lightbox as you enter the Jetstar and Tiger satellite walkway – opposite News Travels, in between Cavu and Forte Espresso) from Saturday 11 December through to Friday 24 December. We’ll also have a limited supply of our new book ‘Sounds of Hope’ available for purchase. Click here for how to get to Brisbane Airport.
- Aquatic Achievers. Bells on sale now for a limited time. With schools in Aspley, Chandler, Gumdale, North Lakes and Paddington, click here to find your nearest swim school.
- Antica Home pop-up store at Toombul. Click here for opening hours.
- The Queensland Ballet at QPAC. Visit the merchandise stall between Thursday 14 December and Friday 22 December during performances of Queensland Ballet’s The Nutcracker. Click here for more details.
- Toowoomba Christmas Tree Festival. From now until Friday 15 December seek out the Hear and Say tree between 9am and 9pm, and purchase from the Uniting Care stall – details here.
Pop up stores:
- Our volunteers will be selling bells on key dates up until Christmas at a range of pop up stores. So far, you’ll be able to find us in the Brisbane CBD, Stafford, Keperra, Rocklea and Nundah, as well as Brisbane Airport. We’ll update our calendar of pop up stores as we add more volunteering opportunities.
- Make sure you keep an eye on this page and our social media or click here to see our current list of dates and locations.
At 9.10pm on 24 October 2013 our beautiful daughter Maia was born.
The moment of elation was short-lived as we immediately noticed her left ear was missing. I frantically looked to the medical team around me for answers but received none.
Panic set in as we waited 4 days in hospital for an ENT to explain her condition, by which point we already had all the answers from Simone, who runs the Microtia and Atresia Program at Hear and Say.