Navigating the Journey of Hearing Loss
This live webinar provides an unique opportunity to learn more about different perspectives on the education and social development of children and young adults who are deaf or hard of hearing. International experts will share interesting study outcomes and practical insights to apply learnings to everyday settings including at home and school. There will also be discussion around the impact of COVID-19 on education and social development for children.
We’re pleased to announce the presenters: Prof Carol Flexer, Dr Wendy Ferguson, Laura Donnellan, Julianne Gillen, Anne-Marie Heffernan, Teresa O’Rourke, Emma Rushbrooke, Jayne Simpson Allen, Paula Johnson, Lynda Farwell and Katie Smith.
Prof Flexer is our keynote speaker and will present on advocating for your child, and managing minimal, mild, moderate, and unilateral hearing loss in children.
Please send your questions for our presenters through prior to the event via the below form.
When: Tuesday, 19 October
Time: 08.30am – 4.30pm (Ireland time) (5.30pm – 1.30am Australian time)
Where: Live via Zoom webinar and recorded
Cost: Professionals: $80 (~€50) | Families/carers $55 (~€35)
Some topics include:
- Dr Wendy Ferguson – Update on the cytomegalovirus (CMV) study outcomes
- CHIME Social Workers and EXPLORE Young Adult Mentors Laura Donnellan and Julianne Gillen – ‘Newly diagnosed’ and ‘explore’ social, mentoring, and educational programs from birth to young adult
- Emma Rushbrooke – Classroom Acoustics and Distance Hearing
- Paula Johnson – Hear and Say Group Social Skills Programs
- Jayne Simpson Allen – Supporting young people in the tween years
- Lynda Farwell and Katie Smith – Listening and spoken language sessions through COVID lockdowns
About Prof Carol Flexer – Keynote speaker
Carol Flexer received her doctorate in audiology from Kent State University in 1982. She was at The University of Akron for 25 years as a Distinguished Professor of Audiology in the School of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology. Special areas of expertise include pediatric and educational audiology. She continues to lecture extensively nationally and internationally and has authored more than 150 publications.
An application will be made to the AG Bell Academy for CEU points.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com or call +61 7 3850 2111.