Everyday tips and strategies to help your child
Our parent education provides face-to-face and online training, events and resources. The workshops bring families together to learn from experts, and importantly, from each other.
Topics provide information and strategies which you can implement into your day-to-day routine to foster your child’s development.
Topics can include:
- Mealtime for fussy eaters
- Sleep and settling
- The role of music in child development
- Your child’s hearing technology
Parent education is typically held once each month during regular LEAP group social skills sessions.
Upcoming Parent Education
- 17 March: Hear with your ears: listen with your brain
- 11 May (Monday): TBC
- 16 June: Emotional Tangles
- 21 July: TBC
- 8 September: TBC
- 27 October: TBC
- 17 November: TBC
- 19 March: Listening and spoken language at home
- 30 April: Caring for my hearing aids
- 28 May: My NDIS review
- 25 June: It takes two to talk
- 23 July: 1,2, 3 magic behaviour
- 20 August: Advocating for my child
- 17 September: My child is starting school
- 15 October: Using my roger microphone
- 12 November: Let’s talk about speech development
At 9.10pm on 24 October 2013 our beautiful daughter Maia was born.
The moment of elation was short-lived as we immediately noticed her left ear was missing. I frantically looked to the medical team around me for answers but received none.
Panic set in as we waited 4 days in hospital for an ENT to explain her condition, by which point we already had all the answers from Simone, who runs the Microtia and Atresia Program at Hear and Say.