Everyday tips and strategies to help your child
Our parent education provides face-to-face and online training, events and resources. The workshops bring families together to learn from experts, and importantly, from each other.
Topics provide information and strategies which you can implement into your day-to-day routine to foster your child’s development.
Topics can include:
- Mealtime for fussy eaters
- Sleep and settling
- The role of music in child development
- Your child’s hearing technology
Eight parent education sessions are held per year across a combination of face-to-face events or via webinar. Some topics will be recorded and made available afterwards. You can find them here.
Understanding the Behaviour of Children
When: Wednesday, 9 June 2021
Time: 7.00pm – 8.00pm (AEST)
Where: Live via Zoom webinar and recorded
Cost: Parents/carers with NDIS: $61.76 | Students/parents/carers without NDIS: $31
Register for this live webinar and gain a greater understanding of why children behave the way they do. Clinical Social Worker, Renu Bhalla will explore strategies for managing challenging behaviours and strengthening relationships between parents’ and their children. This information session also explores the importance of self-care and the expectations parents place both on themselves and their children.
Hear and Say is currently offering 50% off selected 2020 recorded parent education sessions. Access six hours of information for just $145.
Upcoming Parent Education
- Wednesday, 9 June 2021 – Navigating challenging behaviour
- Wednesday, 18 August 2021 – Preparing young children for the digital world
- Wednesday, 8 September 2021 – Hear from the dads
- Wednesday, 20 October 2021 – Mealtime tips for fussy eaters
- Wednesday, 24 November 2021 – Getting ready for school