Little Explorers Auditory-Verbal Playgroup.
Our regular Group Social Skills Program, LEAP, for children with hearing loss aged two years to Kindergarten age (this may vary per centre), uses everyday living and playing situations to develop communication and social skills.
Through structured activities in a safe and supportive environment, the program teaches children the skills to develop their social communication behaviours, for example:
- Greeting others using words and/or gestures
- Joining in playing with a group of children
- Initiating conversation with familiar people
- Responding appropriately when spoken to by others
- Engaging when an adult/child interacts with them
- Expressing basic emotions
LEAP is held weekly, or fortnightly, depending on the centre and is facilitated by our expert Listening and Spoken Language specialists. This program also gives parents and carers the opportunity to learn strategies to carry over into everyday learning and living situations.
By attending and completing LEAP, participants will develop their:
- Self esteem
- Self confidence
- Positive attitude towards hearing loss
- Effective coping mechanisms
- Effective communication skills
- Peer support and friendship
Regular LEAP Group Social Skills Programs
We will welcome families back to centres in term three, 2021 for regular Group Social Skills programs.
The registration process remains the same, with the option to either register for the entire term or week by week.
Prices are subject to change in accordance to the NDIS price guide and will be applied at time of invoicing.
By registering for LEAP you are helping us anticipate numbers and prepare resources, ensuring that we can continue to offer this service now and into the future. If you register and are unable to attend this LEAP session, your NDIS plan will still be charged for the hour session.
*Please note: you will select which location you’re attending on the registration form.