Playing and Learning About Negotiating, Emotions and Teamwork
PLANET is led by our expert Listening and Spoken Language Specialists and provides an opportunity for children aged six to seven years old to continue to refine their interpersonal skills in a safe and supportive environment.
Throughout the workshop children will undertake activities which teach them strategies to develop communication skills, teamwork, emotional regulation, persistence and confidence. This program features structured activities which is adapted for each workshop however may include:
- Art with a focus on communication skills
- Cooking with a focus on teamwork skills
- Sport with a focus on emotions and dealing with winning/losing
- Science with a focus on persistence
- Hearing with a focus on increasing confidence
Once the program has finished, participants will have a better understanding of and develop various social skills, including:
- Building resilience
- Building confidence
- Identify feelings and express emotions
- Regulate and manage feelings and emotions in difficult situations
Gold Coast: August/September TBC
Toowoomba: 21 September – 22 September (ROCKET/PLANET hybrid)
Prices are subject to change in accordance to the NDIS price guide and will be applied at time of invoicing.