Supporting children with hearing loss in the classroom
We invite you to attend a one-day workshop by Hear and Say for early-childhood or school-based educators and parents. Listening and spoken language specialists will provide participants with information about the following:
- Techniques and strategies to enhance the child’s functioning in inclusive settings
- Hearing loss and its implications for accessing learning
- Hearing technology
- Listening and spoken language therapy
- Facilitating development of social skills
- Consideration for school readiness
- Problem-solving your cases
Date: Wednesday 22 January 2020
Time: 8.30am – 3.30pm (lunch provided)
On-site professionals: $75.00
On-site parents: $35.00
Online professionals: $65.00
Online parents: $25.00
Location: Hear and Say, 29 Nathan Avenue, Ashgrove, Brisbane
At 9.10pm on 24 October 2013 our beautiful daughter Maia was born.
The moment of elation was short-lived as we immediately noticed her left ear was missing. I frantically looked to the medical team around me for answers but received none.
Panic set in as we waited 4 days in hospital for an ENT to explain her condition, by which point we already had all the answers from Simone, who runs the Microtia and Atresia Program at Hear and Say.