Specialist Training in Listening and Spoken Language Practice
Tips and strategies in working with children who are deaf or hard-of-hearing and their families
*This workshop has to be postponed until later this year. Further details will be made available when confirmed. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Join Hear and Say experts for a five-day educational workshop on the latest best-practice practical and theoretical aspects of listening and spoken language therapy using the Auditory-Verbal Therapy philosophy.
Some key agenda highlights include presentations from specialists in the field on the following topics:
- Importance of the brain in learning to listen and speak
- Practical strategies to support language learning through listening
- Matching play with language goals
- Challenges in play and sensory play
- Speech acoustics
- Stages of learning in an auditory-based approach
- How to help kids catch the reading bug
- Hearing Loss and the Audiogram
- Limited free practice lessons for child and parent
Thank you to the following organisations for making this event possible.
Ken Fletcher Foundation