Hear and Say Membership
Parents, enrolled adults, staff and supporters are encouraged to maintain a financial membership to Hear and Say. While there is no obligation to become a financial member, the number of members is extremely valuable to the organisation in our dealings with government, statutory bodies and donors generally. A strong membership underpins support for our lobbying for more and improved services to ensure that all Queenslanders with hearing loss benefit from Auditory-Verbal Therapy.
We believe that every person with hearing loss should have the opportunity to listen and speak!
The annual cost of membership is $30.00 including GST and in addition to providing a small financial contribution towards our services, membership offers the following benefits:
- Invitation to attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM) which is held in the final quarter of each calendar year
- A ‘voice’ for those receiving services from Hear and Say or as a staff member
- One official vote per paid up member at the AGM
- Only members are eligible for appointment to the Board of Directors
- Periodic mailed and emailed publications, especially the Hear and Say newsletter Impact and Annual Report.
At 9.10pm on 24 October 2013 our beautiful daughter Maia was born.
The moment of elation was short-lived as we immediately noticed her left ear was missing. I frantically looked to the medical team around me for answers but received none.
Panic set in as we waited 4 days in hospital for an ENT to explain her condition, by which point we already had all the answers from Simone, who runs the Microtia and Atresia Program at Hear and Say.