Hear and Say Membership
Parents, enrolled adults, staff and supporters are encouraged to maintain a financial membership to Hear and Say. While there is no obligation to become a financial member, the number of members is extremely valuable to the organisation in our dealings with government, statutory bodies and donors generally. A strong membership underpins support for our lobbying for more and improved services to ensure that all Queenslanders with hearing loss benefit from Auditory-Verbal Therapy.
We believe that every person with hearing loss should have the opportunity to listen and speak!
The annual cost of membership is $30.00 including GST and in addition to providing a small financial contribution towards our services, membership offers the following benefits:
- Invitation to attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM) which is held in the final quarter of each calendar year
- A ‘voice’ for those receiving services from Hear and Say or as a staff member
- One official vote per paid up member at the AGM
- Only members are eligible for appointment to the Board of Directors
- Periodic mailed and emailed publications, especially the Hear and Say newsletter Impact and Annual Report.