Every second person knows someone with a hearing loss, yet it can up to 10 years for many of us to actually do something about it. From dialling into a Zoom call, to celebrating special occasions with friends or family, to watching TV of an evening, keeping your hearing in check is as important as ever.
The reality is hearing loss can happen at any age and often declines without you noticing it. March 1 – 7 marks Hearing Awareness Week and at Hear and Say we’re encouraging everyone to put a regular hearing test on their to-do list.
If you, or a loved one is experiencing any of the signs of hearing loss below, give them a little nudge to get their hearing tested:
- You often ask people to repeat what they have said or respond with ‘Pardon?’ or ‘Huh?’ when someone asks you a question
- You experience tinnitus – an intermittent or continuous noise in the ears or head – buzzing, ringing, hissing
- You find it hard to hear on the phone
- You need to turn the volume up on the TV, radio or iPad
- You’re sometimes unsure of where sounds are coming from
- It’s hard to hear in noisy places like a café
- You might get tired and fatigued from concentrating more than usual during conversations or at events
Book your hearing test at hearandsay.com.au or phone us at 07 3850 2111.