Fundraising with the support of your friends and family is a fun way to raise funds and awareness for Hear and Say. We could not achieve the extraordinary outcomes for children and families without the generous support of people like you, our fundraisers.
Fundraising activities can be as big or as small as you like – whether that’s taking on a personal challenge or hosting your own event. Every fundraising activity goes a long way to making a difference – together, we can achieve our vision of opening worlds to create better futures.
Thank you for your efforts in supporting and fundraising for children impacted by hearing loss. The awareness and funds you raise are really important to us, and your dedication means so much to so many.
“It was very special to see him respond after the switch-on. Our main goal is for Benjamin to be able to engage with his community and connect with friends and family, here and in Brazil – and to be able to attend a mainstream school and have a typical life.
Hear and Say has played an important role in his development and it has been great to learn all the techniques for how to help him develop at home, and what we can do for him.”
One-year-old Benjamin has a cheeky grin and sparkling eyes which light up a room. Born with profound hearing loss in both ears, Benjamin was six weeks old when he first received hearing aids, followed by two cochlear implants at 10 months old. His hearing loss was initially a shock for parents, Caio and Camila, who had relocated from Brazil to Brisbane three years earlier.
The sky is the limit when it comes to ways you can get involved with our fundraising events and initiatives. We also have plenty of options for you to participate in each year, including:
- Celebrate Loud Shirt Day virtually or face-to-face** at your school, work or community group. Find out more or register now.
- Goodwill Bridge Swing – take the leap to raise funds for children with hearing loss.
- Sell Hear and Say Christmas bells to friends, family and colleagues.
- Set up a Facebook fundraiser for donations in lieu of gifts at your birthday, wedding or baby shower.
- Create a team for a physical challenge at your gym, sports club or workplace.
- Take part in a fun run, marathon or cycle ride and get sponsored for every kilometre completed.
- Charity auction, trivia night, benefit concert or talent show.*
- Host a dinner party and ask your friends to donate the amount they would spend at a restaurant.
- Take on a personal challenge such as giving something up (e.g. coffee or chocolate).
- Have a garage sale or sell items online.
*Please refer to is Queensland Government legislation relating to not-for-profit gaming regulations, licensing and compliance for fundraising auctions and raffles. Read more, here.
**For any activities we encourage our community to keep up to date with the latest information, and follow government and health recommendations around establishing a COVIDSafe Australia and the steps being taken to slow the spread. Read Hear and Say’s COVID-19 Policy here.
Event Budget Template
The event organiser must take all reasonable steps to ensure that the expenses do not exceed a fair and reasonable proportion of the gross proceeds obtained from the event. Please list your fundraising activities along with all income and expenses the event is likely to incur, and return this form upon completion of your event.