Supporting Children with Hearing Loss in School Settings:
Reframing challenges as opportunities to support diverse learners
Where: Live via Zoom Webinar and recorded
Cost: General $170 | Concession $130
This two-part live webinar focuses on educating students who are deaf or hard of hearing, who come from a range of backgrounds and have a variety of abilities. Each presenter is an AG Bell Academy Board member and listening and spoken language specialist. Join the webinar to hear these specialists present live from America on the below topics.
Day one: Thursday, 22 July 2021
07.00am – 08.00am: Children From Multilingual Settings
Presented by Uma Soman PhD
08.10am – 09.10am: Children and Families Experiencing Trauma/Adversity
Presented by Jenna Voss PhD
09.20am – 10.20: Children with Additional Disabilities
Presented by Elizabeth Rosenzweig PhD
Day two: Tuesday, 27 July 2021
07.00am – 08.30am: Putting It All Together: Case Studies
Presented by Uma Soman, Jenna Voss and Elizabeth Rosenzweig.
Please note: The time zone is Brisbane, Australia (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers covered by this workshop:
- 1.1 – Physical, social and intellectual development and characteristics of students
- 1.3 – Students with diverse linguistic, cultural, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds
- 1.5 – Differentiate teaching to meet the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities
- 1.6 – Strategies to support full participation of students with disability
- 3.5 – Use effective classroom communication
An application has been submitted to the AG Bell Academy for CEU points, results are pending.