With the festive season frenzy already well upon us, now is the perfect time to ensure you’re prepared for the summer holidays – and not just with those last-minute gifts.
By putting in some planning now, you can ensure you have everything you need related to your or your child’s hearing technology, so that you can sit back and enjoy this special time of the year with loved ones.
Spare Parts Checklist
- Rechargeable batteries and charger
- Disposable batteries
- Spare cable/s
- Spare ear hook/s
- Wireless accessories and chargers (e.g. Mini Microphone)
- Microphone protectors
- Spare coil
- Remote control
- Make sure your spare processor is functional (if applicable)
Sometimes things go wrong, and your implant could stop working. Below are a few common scenarios to help you troubleshoot. The websites for Cochlear, Advanced Bionics and MED-EL are also a good source for further information about specific devices.
My implant won’t switch on or it has no sound
- Check your batteries are not moist and are in correct position. If this doesn’t work, replace the battery or battery pack.
- If your processor, coil or cable isn’t working, try using your spare (if you have one).
The sound on my implant is very soft or muffled
- Check the volume settings are correct.
- Replace microphone cover as it may contain moisture, dirt or dust.
I can hear a static or popping sound or my sound is cutting in and out
- Try changing the cable.
I can hear a buzzing noise
- Check if you have accidentally activated the telecoil.
- If you are near electromagnetic fields, this can occasionally cause humming; try listening in a different location.
- Remember to switch your processor off when walking through metal detectors and anti-theft systems.
Hear and Say is closed from 5.00pm Wednesday, 23 December 2020 and will re-open on Monday, 4 January 2021.
For any emergencies over this period relating to hearing technology, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will respond as soon as possible.