With the summer holidays approaching, it can be a busy time preparing for the festive season. It’s important to do some planning in advance to make sure you’re prepared so you can enjoy the precious time with your loved ones.
Below are some quick tips and a checklist so wherever you might be these holidays – whether it’s at home, travelling by car or plane – you can ensure you have everything you need.
Spare Parts Checklist
- Rechargeable batteries and charger
- Disposable batteries
- Spare cable/s
- Spare ear hook/s
- Wireless accessories and chargers (e.g. Mini mic)
- Microphone protectors
- Spare coil
- Remote control
- Make sure your spare processor is functional (if you have one)
Sometimes things go wrong, and your implant could stop working. Below are a few common scenarios to help you troubleshoot:
My implant won’t switch on or it has no sound
- Check your batteries are not moist and are in correct position. If these strategies don’t work, try to replace the battery or battery pack.
- If your processor isn’t working, try using your spare processor (if you have one).
- If the coil or cable isn’t working, try using your spare (if you have one).
The sound on my implant is very soft or muffled
- Check the volume settings are correct.
- Replace microphone cover as it may contain moisture, dirt or dust.
I can hear a static or popping sound or my sound is cutting in and out
- Try changing the cable
I can hear a buzzing noise
- Check if you have accidentally activated the telecoil.
- If you are in close proximity to electromagnetic fields, this can occasionally cause humming; try listening in a different location.
- Remember to switch your processor off when walking through metal detectors and anti-theft systems.
Hear and Say is closed from Tuesday 24 December, 2019 and will re-open on Thursday 2 January, 2020.
The good news is, we are here to help in an emergency. For any urgent queries during this time, please contact email@example.com and a member of the team will respond as soon as possible.
You can find extra support via the manufacturer’s websites: