Enhancing Listening and Spoken Language
We have recently hosted a two-day webinar, presented by national and international experts in listening and spoken language – auditory-verbal practice. The recording of this webinar will be made available shortly.
Professionals from Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Australia presented various topics suitable for professionals and families of children who are deaf or hard of hearing. Information on supporting children with cochlear implants, hearing aids, and BAHAs develop their listening, speech, and spoken language skills was also covered.
- Accelerating auditory brain development for optimal listening and speaking
- How local groups can help you
- Family-centred listening and spoken language practice and group programs
- Red flags and causes of hearing loss
- NBHS in Ireland
- How paediatricians and parents can work together to help children who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Building a literate, social and musical brain
- 10 tips to engage learners in listening and spoken language sessions: from tiny tots to teenagers
- Why I am training as a LSLS Cert. AVT
- Listening and Spoken Language Practice: Examples of face-to-face, telepractice, and hybrid models
- Speech acoustics, articulation, and functional audition for children and teenagers
- Diagnosis of congenital CMV: gaps in the service and need for urgent quality improvement
- A panel of parents who will share their experiences